We are proud to lead the way in specialist teaching at primary level. Our specialist teachers deliver diverse learning experiences to engage, enrich and extend children.
Our specialist subjects include:
• Science – specialist teaching takes place in a fully equipped lab for hands-on experiments. Children are also given the opportunity to participate in the Southland Science & Technology Fair.
• Physical Education – a well- resourced department with specialist teachers.
• Music – instrumental, theory and keyboard groups are seen weekly by a specialist teacher.
• Maths – extension and recovery groups are seen weekly by a specialist teacher.
• Languages – Maori and Japanese are available.
• ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) – teaching areas include 3D animation, graphics and computing. Extension groups are seen weekly by a specialist teacher.
• Technology – includes cooking, sewing, art and hard materials labs.
• Art – all children get the opportunity to work with a range of media.